Last update: Friday 15 December 2006
The guys and gals whose great work brought us these beautiful translations.
Athena ( Translator )
Translations: Mingjian Fengliu (The Sword and the Exquisiteness). I started with the Legendary Siblings, but did not finish it. Translated bits and pieces of third editions of ROCH. I was helping the ROCH team with the final edit.
Who am I: A skinny geeky Chinese girl; mid twenties. I am a teacher. My interests are reading, going out, Jin Yong wuxia and trying to keep myself in good physical shape.
Yushi Huang ( Senior Editor + Translator )
Yushi Huang, who is better known by the initials HYS, has often been mistaken for the Master of Peach Blossom Island from Eagle-Shooting Hero. Besides working on the novels below,
- Ode to Gallantry / Xia Ke Xing / 侠客行 -- a translation.
- The Facts and Figures of Demi-Gods Semi-Devils / 天龙八部 -- a fully-annotated reference.
- A Spear of Alarm / Jing Yan Yi Qiang / 惊艳一枪 -- a pilot translation of a Wen Rui'an novel.
- Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain / Xue Shan Fei Hu / 雪山飞狐 -- a new perspective to an old story.
- The Lovers' Sabres / Yuan Yang Dao / 鸳鸯岛
... HYS also writes and edits articles on a range of wuxia topics, such as:
- The Origin of the "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu" Song
- "Yu Chang Jian" -- The Fish-Intestine Sword
- The Life and Works of Gu Long
Beyond the realm of wuxia, HYS is a early childhood researcher/educator who regularly uses wuxia excerpts and stories to make learning more interesting for children aged 6 years and below.